Long Term Acute Care
The Roosevelt Warm Springs Long Term Acute Care Hospital specializes in the treatment of medically complex patients who are suffering from a recent catastrophic illness or medical complication related to chronic illness or injury causing a decline in physical function.
LTACH conditions and provisions:
- Patients require an active primary medical diagnosis and two active secondary conditions.
- Patients receive 24-hour nursing care.
- Internal Medicine Physicians direct the patient's care through daily rounds.
- The interdisciplinary treatment team maximizes the patient's medical recovery and allows for patients to reach their highest functioning level.
- The treatment team meets weekly to re-evaluate care and set new goals that challenge patients to attain a higher level of recovery.
- Daily monitoring and planning by the treatment team measures progress toward clinical outcomes.
- Some of the LTACH services offered at Roosevelt Warm Springs:
- Nursing services provide critical care and rehabilitation nursing care to achieve the greatest potential for self directed care and optimal health management
- Wound management and treatment
- Case management and discharge planning
- Physical, Occupational and Speech-Language therapies
- Nutritional management
- Respiratory therapy
- Laboratory, Radiology, and Pharmacy services
- Telemetry services
- Antibiotic therapy
- Pain Management
- Chaplain Services
- Families and patients are an integral part of the team and are encouraged to remain actively involved in the patient's treatment plan.
Each patient referred to Roosevelt Warm Springs Long Term Acute Care Hospital is evaluated for admission to assure they meet hospital acute-care criteria.
Anyone may make a referral; however, a physician order is required for admission. A pre-admission screening assessment is provided at no cost for patients in a healthcare facility. Contact Admissions at 706-655-5257.