For over eight decades, Roosevelt Warm Springs has provided a comprehensive style to medical rehabilitation. This unique hands-on approach provides careful medical management and individualized services for RWS patients, enabling them to return to the most independent lifestyle possible in their homes and/or communities.
The Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospital serves individuals who require 24-hour rehabilitation nursing care and intensive rehabilitation. Utilizing an interdisciplinary team approach, an individualized treatment plan is developed and becomes the key to the rehabilitation success. Team members work to achieve as many patient goals as possible in the least amount of time.
The Roosevelt Warm Springs IRF Team:
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Physicians direct the Roosevelt Warm Springs Rehabilitation Hospital.
- Rehabilitation Nurses provide rehabilitative nursing care to allow patients to achieve their greatest potential, maximizing each patient's role in directing their care.
- Physical Therapists provide treatment to develop, maintain and restore maximum movement and motor function using assistive equipment, positioning, and adapting the environment for persons with disabilities.
- Occupational Therapists focus on the coordination of upper extremity movement, assist with self-help skills such as bathing, dressing and feeding, as well as sensory and perceptual-motor integration.
- Speech-Language Pathologists provide evaluation and therapy in all areas of language and communication, as well as swallowing function.
- Case Managers facilitate the treatment to achieve rehabilitation goals and develop a plan for post-discharge needs. They also organize ongoing education for the patient's family and provide for continuation of care in their home and community.
- Psychologists provide individual and group counseling to help patients and families understand and cope with adjustment to their disability and emotional issues.
- Dieticians plan nutritional meals based on medical needs and provide nutritional counseling.
- Recreational Therapists provide treatments and recreation activities to improve or maintain physical, mental and emotional well-being.
- Podiatrists provide treatment for disorders of the foot, ankle and lower leg.
- A Chaplain provides individual spiritual support and leads religious services upon request of patients/families
Each patient referred to the Roosevelt Warm Springs Rehabilitation Hospital carefully evaluated for admission.
Anyone may make a referral; however, a physician order is required for admission. A pre-admission screening assessment is provided at no cost for patients in a healthcare facility. Contact Admissions at 706-655-5257.