An inpatient admission process begins with a referral to either the Long Term Acute Care Hospital or the Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospital. Anyone can inquire about making a referral; however, a physician order is necessary for admission.
Roosevelt Warm Springs admits and treats patients who are at least 18 years old without regard to race, color, national origin, religious creed, sex or sexual orientation. The same requirements for admission are applied to all patients.
- When a referral is received from a surrounding acute care hospital, a registered nurse liaison will visit the patient and family to determine each patient's specific medical and/or rehabilitative needs to assure the patient receives the most appropriate care for his or her particular medical rehabilitation condition.
- When a referral is received outside the surrounding area, a registered nurse liaison will review the patient's medical records to determine each patient's specific medical and/or rehabilitative needs. Ongoing contact with the referring person or agency will be maintained until the disposition of the referral is completed.
- During this evaluation, the patient and family are informed about the services available at Roosevelt Warm Springs and provided an explanation of the admission process for both hospitals (Long Term Acute Care and Inpatient Rehabilitation).
- Patients referred from facilities other than acute care hospitals or from home are scheduled to be seen by RWS Outpatient Physicians Services to determine the most appropriate level of care.
- Upon admission to Roosevelt Warm Springs, patients will need a valid identification card, insurance card and a family member available to assist with the admission process.
To schedule a tour, make a referral or speak with an Admissions representative, please call 706-655-5257.